Saturday, February 12, 2011

Potential


I love this time of the day, especially on Saturday mornings. Just after waking, while the house is still quiet and the floor creaks as you get cozy slippers. Children and husband still asleep…maybe for 10 minutes, maybe for an hour.  The precious time spent with God. The devotions, the prayer, the Bible reading, the mind blowing revelations that turn life as we see it upside down, because we are learning to see through new eyes. The potential of the day just stretching before me, like a blank canvas to be painted or a wide open space to gallop across.
 Shall we learn something today? Perhaps blue berry pancakes for breakfast? Maybe put up that picture collage I’ve been meaning to work on. Or maybe bring dinner to a sick friend? To dos, to calls, to make, to try…all presented like candies in a shop window crying “pick me, pick me.” The possibilities are so endless. It is my prayer that as a steward of my time on earth, these ponderings lead to fruitful action that glorifies God. That the day be used in a way that may not seem huge to me, but that impacts eternity in a positive way.  I love Saturdays. Life is good.

May the day unfold
With memories untold,
Stirring sights to behold
As we tend to our fold

May the seconds of smiles
Lead to joy over miles
And the company we keep
Give harvest Christ may reap.

May this day bring God glory.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment