Sunday, January 23, 2011

The Vision

Art Abundant is unfolding as I type and while the vision is not complete, there are some key elements falling into place. Some imaging that goes on in my mind and makes me think...wow, I would love to share this!

I picture moms smiling as they read over the day’s musings thinking to themselves, “well, I guess I’m not alone in never finishing a cup of coffee.” I see moms reading the newsletter and glancing at their recycle bin thinking, I believe we do have the makings of a recycle robot. I see moms having a new outlook on meal planning (because it includes their kids), going for walks as physical and educational activity (like being number detectives) and seeking ways to refocus their eyes on an Almighty God who cares for them in the darkest depths of dirty laundry piles. Moms who love to learn grow kids who love to learn. You can’t fake it, so rekindle the love of learning in your own life. I picture opportunities for others to express their experiences and continue the circle of encouragement, burning the trash of gossip and the debris of mind numbing tv.
 And maybe, just maybe, someone will read something on the blog and say, “Something’s different here. There is ridiculous joy in the midst of challenges, unexplainable peace in the middle of paint puddles and servant hearted love for others, no matter who they are. If that is what Christianity is about, I want a piece of that. Something is different here from what I know to be religion. I want a relationship with Christ. I want to live abundantly

No comments:

Post a Comment